The Redeye Complex


Tuesday, August 07, 2007
The 2007 Polaris Music Prize.

While reading the latest issue of Exclaim!, I stop and read an ad for the 2007 Polaris Music Prize, awarded for the best Canadian album released in the past year.

This year's nominees are ...

Arcade Fire
The Besnard Lakes
The Dears
Julie Doiron
Feist
Junior Boys
Miracle Fortress
Joel Plaskett
Chad VanGaalen
Patrick Watson

More info at the official web page and a setup on myspace.

Have to wait until the end of September for the winner.

Even though I really think Great Lake Swimmers should be on the list for "Ongiara", the nominees are pretty good.

The Dears album "Gang of Losers" is my pick for "best". I'd also be happy with Junior Boys with "So This is Goodbye".

There are a few nominees that I haven't even heard of. The web pages with sound clips should change that. Maybe with some media and marketing push, I'll hear more about them. (And perhaps a discussion of those who didn't make the nominee list ... Great Lake Swimmers).

0 comments


Newer Posts Older Posts