The Redeye Complex


Sunday, January 27, 2008
Project B 2008.





The 2008 house project will be renovating the lower level bathroom. Going to try and use tile on the floor and walls with the added twist of making a tiled shower.

At the recent Kitchen and Bath show, I talked to a Ceratec rep who was helpful for the shower part of the project. The pan should be made of smaller size tiles. If what I choose doesn't come that small then just cut a large tile into smaller pieces. Makes sense to me.

One of Ceratec's sample boards really got my attention. The tile is part of the Tatami collection from Settecento. Has a linen type texture which looks great and should be good to walk on. The rep said that it would be okay for wet areas. He then passed me a brochure (on the settecento web site) which I've been thinking about quite a bit. I'm not good visualizing anything so I need to spend quite a bit of time thinking about what I think I want to see.

WC Potts, my favouite local supplier got some samples for me. I think this is tile I will use. Still deciding on the colours though. Likely going to choose a dark colour for the floor and a lighter colour for the walls and the shower stall.

3 comments


Newer Posts Older Posts