The Redeye Complex


Monday, April 28, 2008
news (no purchase) on the car front

I think I've given up looking at cars seriously for a while. Not that there are few quality cars out there. Still trying to figure out what I want. And I keep looking on the horizon and it looks like there are a few models coming in the next year that I might be interested in.

First though, I've seen the new 2009 Subaru Forester at the dealership. Didn't have the camera with me so you'll have to settle for an online review. Style doesn't do it for me. I'm very disappointed at the look of the '08 and '09 Soobs. The front grill looks like plastic chrome. Reviews well and I do like (love?)my Soob.

On the horizon are a few interesting things. I do like the size of the Audi A3. Unfortunately to get AWD on the A3 is a $48K ticket. Good news perhaps is the recent announcement of a '09 Audi A3 offering AWD in the smaller (cheaper?) engine package.

The more I think about it, I might actually be interested in a CUV. Sizes of current CUVs are larger than I really want. What's coming though ... some smaller CUVs are expected. Carscoop has a blog entry about some models. Out of the three on the blog, I kind of lean towards the Audi Q5. Don't know the price of any of them. Would like to see it competitive with the Mazda CX-7 but don't think that's gonna happen.

4 comments


Newer Posts Older Posts