The Redeye Complex


Sunday, May 04, 2008
I A M I R O N M A N



I try to avoid reviews before I see a movie. The A. O. Scott review for Iron Man in the NY Times made me curious. It was titled
Heavy Suit, Light Touches
I wondered what that meant. Having now seen the film I think I know. This a pretty good superhero film with some nice entertaining moments. It could have been slapstick. Could have been campy. Could have been ridiculous. Some comic book adaptations have to create a serious, brooding mood. This one however just has a nice balance of a comic book and comedy. Ah, comedy is not the right mood. I'm sure Scott's review is better than this.

I've seen so many good evil battle scenes that's its actually not interesting anymore. Especially when its all CGI anyway. The good stuff is leading up to the final battle. Like all the workshop development - making and testing the iron man suit. Fun stuff.

And after the final battle the movie ends on a high note with a great punch line that leaves you wanting more.

Remember to sit through the credits. I didn't and now I will have to see the movie again.

Maybe I should have read a review beforehand.

0 comments


Newer Posts Older Posts