The Redeye Complex


Wednesday, July 16, 2008
FF2008 - The Soggy Grove Stage







Saturday afternoon at the Shady Grove Stage during the 2008 Winnipeg Folk Festival will be remembered by me as the Soggy Grove Stage. It rained the entire time I was there. The lineup was good with David Francey, Jesse Sykes, Andrew Whiteman, Susie Keynes, Justin Townes Earle, and Basia Bulat. I was there to see Jesse Sykes who did not disappoint. No one disappointed really. Basia won me over on Friday. Townes Earle is a double shot of espresso. Under crappy conditions, dampness, and cool weather, the musicians came through. I think at one point someone said that they were playing music that should be listened to during a rainy day ... but not being played in the rain. Maybe I made that up in my head.

Labels:


0 comments


Newer Posts Older Posts