The Redeye Complex


Thursday, November 26, 2009
oh the coincidence

So I have been searching and bookmarking web sites recently on my quest to perhaps put together a 2009 album of Christmas and other wintery songs.

Anywho, one of the sites that arrived on my browser after some deep linking was Filles Sourires.
Fragile girls. Gainsbourgian guys.
Singing in French. Making me sigh.
Any questions?
Any questions indeed. Some cool stuff on the site. Just had to add it to my Google Reader list.

Now just a few days after subscribing is this post ...
Dark days call for melancholic music. Genevieve Toupin, from the Manitoba province in Canada, has the perfect voice, the heartfelt lyrics and the lovely looks.
Here I am trying to expand my musical discovery beyond my border only to get redirected to my own back yard. Ha! The internet makes the world just a bit smaller.

PS. And dark days indeed. Just past 5pm is like three in the morning here in the city of headlights. Yikes.

0 comments


Newer Posts Older Posts