The Redeye Complex


Thursday, December 31, 2009
Albums of the year 2009














Other than one exception, here are a bunch of albums from 2009 that I can listen to start to finish. The one exception is the send + receive 10 years of sound album/package only because it contains over 10 hours of audio - live performances - from the last (first) 10 years of the send + receive festival. I am not in one place at any time for 10 consecutive hours, so it's not exactly a start to finish album.

Again, that is the one exception. These albums I can just queue up, press play and enjoy.

My favourite of the bunch is Barzin's Notes to an Absent Lover which just seems to get better the more I listen.

Now judging by my last few posts, I probably have forgotten a bunch of other fine albums from 2009. Fortunately this is not a competition or a contest, so I'll check back with ya in maybe 10 years to add some corrections.

What we have ...

Tim Hecker - An Imaginary Country
Timbre Timbre
send + receive - 10 years of sound
Portland Cello Project - The Thao and Justin Power Sessions
PanAmerican - White Bird Release
Julie Doiron - I Can Wonder What You Did With Your Day
Julianna Barwick - Florine
The Flowers of Hell - Come Hell or High Water
Camera Obscura - My Maudlin Career
The Bird and the Bee - Ray Guns are not just the Future
Barzin - Notes to an Absent Lover
Aarktica - In Sea

1 comments


Newer Posts Older Posts