The Redeye Complex


Monday, December 07, 2009
tricky questions

Finally got round to that "tricky question" article in the Globe a couple Saturday's ago. Even when I was warned that they were tricky questions, I still answered the Bob-Susan-Pablo question incorrectly.
Bob is in a bar, looking at Susan. But she is looking at Pablo. Bob is married. Pablo is not.

Is a married person looking at an unmarried person? The answer could be (a) yes, (b) no or (c) cannot be determined.
I got the next three questions in the article correct but only after I pulled out a pencil to write some thoughts down on paper. As someone who spends hours at work figuring out answers to poorly written questions (such is the life in IT technical support) I love figuring out the twist in tricky questions. Oh and the answer to B-S-P is not, not C.

0 comments


Newer Posts Older Posts