The Redeye Complex


Thursday, December 30, 2010
The Ghost Writer

Just finished watching The Ghost Writer for a second time on Movie Central and I really wonder why I did not go see this in the theatre. Reviews were very good and at the time I thought it would be a movie I would like to see. Well it is very good. And very well made. For such a slow movie, quite a bit happens. The camera work is extraordinary. Nothing appears wasted.

Salon writes about the film ...
He doesn't cover action with two or three or 10 cameras to produce enough usable footage to create the illusion of comprehensiveness. Polanski more often tries to plan and shoot action from one, maybe two angles, and he doesn't cut to a new angle unless he can get a better result than by staying where he is.
I guess this could be a lesson on less is more. Perhaps less means just choose the essentials that explains what you want to do.

0 comments


Newer Posts Older Posts