The Redeye Complex


Sunday, January 12, 2014
My albums of 2013


How is it possible in a world with much new music available that a top ten list cannot get filled?

I listend to plenty of music over the past year. And not any less than previous years. So why does the list top out at seven? Maybe I could not remember any more. Perhaps.

Without realizing I may have new rules for selecting top albums.  

Best albums are ones that I will listen to start to finish.

Best albums are ones that I will listen to without pause.

Best albums are ones that I will not hesitate to play.

Best albums are ones that I do not delete from my portable music player.  


My albums of 2013:

Broadcast - Berberian Sound Studio
Molly Drake - Molly Drake
Shelby Earl - Swift Arrows
Simone Dinnerstein and Tift Merritt - Night
Greenhouse - Cold Wires
Christina Kubisch - Mono Fluido
Pan American - Cloud Room Glass Room

0 comments


Newer Posts Older Posts